Social Media Allows Clients to Connect to Wide Auidences
Launchpad IR’s Social Media Department helps clients engage in and purposefully use social media venues. Let us help you establish your presence on various social media sites, run campaigns, create and update a blog for your brand or company, maintain status’ and information on a specific schedule, and increase your visibility with your online audience. Our team can create a digital identity for you that takes advantage of all the benefits social media has to offer!
What Social Media Can Do For Your Business…
Think of social media as a bridge - one that connects you and your company to consumers, investors, media and other outlets that you previously didn’t have access to. Social media networks facilitate conversations that, were once, by invitation only. Social media:
- Allows your business the ability to build a global network, faster and easier.
- Provides a platform to promote and build your personal brand.
- Offers access to raw journalism, often times not available in mainstream media outlets.
- Gives your company an outlet to be heard and to reach out to consumers, allowing you to engage in conversations that weren’t possible in the past.
- Provides your company with instant access to communities, networks and consumers, investors, etc. at anytime, anywhere.
Informative Social Media Stats
Courtesy of Edison Research, The Social Skinny & Baer
- Did you know that 75% of Internet consumers make purchases based on peer recommendations, whereas only 14% trust advertisements?
- In 2015, brands generated 50% of their online sales through social media; mobile platforms were projected to generate $30 billion!
- 66% of online adults are connected to one or more social media platforms.
- In February 2012, Facebook had 850 million users and 47% say Facebook has the greatest impact on purchase behavior.
- Every single day, 4.7 billion minutes are spent on Facebook.
- In February 2012, LinkedIn had 135 million users. There are 2 million companies on LinkedIn and American users spend an average of 17 minutes on the site.
- Does your business have a blog? It should; 2 million blog posts are currently written (enough posts to fill TIME magazine for 770 million years).
- Sales via social commerce are expected to reach $30 billion within five years.
- In February 2012, Twitter had 500 million registered users (approx. 200m active) and Twitter users send 175 million tweets each day. Are you Tweeting?
In the past year alone, 12 million more Americans are using social networking many times daily. Research also shows that users that follow brands on social media increased 106% from 2010 to 2012. The percentage of Americans following any brand on a social network has increased from 16% to 33%. This is a sharp increase and there is still a tremendous amount of room for growth. If your brand or company is not taking advantage of social media, now is the time to get started!
Launchpad IR, Social Media and You: How Can We Help?
1. Monitoring Your Current Situation:
- Take an inventory of any current social media channels, content, resources, networks, etc. If no channels are currently in place, the Launchpad IR team can create these accounts for you.
- Monitor what is currently being said about your brand/business and how your competitors are reaching out to the public.
- Define social media needs – Our team can help you decide which channels will give your brand/business the best social media presence, and how to best position your product, service or business to the public.
2. Educating Your Business
- Let Launchpad IR's team provide you with the basics with our Social Media 101 instruction via Skype or conference call.
3. The Strategy Phase
- Arrangements can be made for our team to help with editorial strategies, planning and scheduling for all of your social media channels. We can also help you decide on any optimization, buying ads, etc.
- We can help identify relevant themes and topics specifically targeting your fans, consumers, investors, groups, etc.
4. The Creative Endeavor
- Deciding on appropriate social media channels and integration. Building necessary blogs, Facebook fan and group pages, LinkedIn groups, Twitter pages, YouTube Channels, Wikipedia, Flickr, Meetup, etc.
5. Additional Promotion
- Helping with the content creation of electronic press kits, videos, slideshows, etc.
- Managing your community participation – creating online contests, reviews, coupons. Setting up interviews, webcasts or webinars, etc.